This article serves as a jumping off point for discussions on the value of user scenarios in user interface design, user experience design, and software development. Anytime you can encapsulate what the user is doing, what the user needs, and how the user behaves, you can better communicate the requirements of a system.
User Scenarios DefinedHere are some great discussions about user scenarios, sometimes contrasted with use cases.
- Is there a concrete distinction between use cases and user scenarios?
- 'Use cases' and 'user scenarios' explained
- User Cases vs User Scenarios
- Use Case – User Scenario
Good Points about User ScenariosHere are some good points about user scenarios:
- Write a Blockbuster Using User Scenarios
- Illustrated user scenario development techniques
- What to expect from user scenario testing
Narratives and Story-TellingFeel free to add to this part of the article. There is much that is being written about developing narratives and doing story telling that is helpful in expressing how user needs and user behaviors can be captured and passed on.
More to ComeFeel free to add your constructive thoughts about user scenarios here.