Join us for a light dinner (sandwiches and drinks) socializing, and
discussion of the purpose that we'd like the renewed RTP DITA User's
Group to serve. We want to have an open forum to determine the direction
that would best serve the local technical-writing community.
Kris Eberlein and Julio Vazquez
The group used to be the XML Authoring Group, which was an informal gathering of technical communication professions in the Research Triangle Park (RTP) area of North Carolina who met once every two months or so to discuss issues regarding the development of technical content with structure or XML tags. We were not a group of XML programmers and we were not beginners with XML either. We were using XML for developing, delivering, and maintaining technical content, not data.
Members, feel free to log in and edit this page. It is a Wiki, so once you're logged in, you can edit this.
Next MeetingDay: Wednesday, January 23
Time: 5:30-6:30 PM
Where: Systems Documentation, Inc. (SDI)
1005 Slater Road, Suite 220, Durham, North Carolina, USA
Please RSVP to email@example.com by January 21, so we have a head count for the food. (But don't let the lack of an RSVP keep you from attending.)
LocationSystems Documentation, Inc. (SDI), 1005 Slater Road, Suite 220, Durham, North Carolina, USA
ContactIf you would like more information or be added to our mailing list, contact:
Kristen James Eberlein
Sr. Technical Writer/DITA Educator
Systems Documentation, Inc. (SDI)
1005 Slater Road, Suite 220
Durham, NC 27703
Tentative ScheduleTentative schedule for future meeting dates and topics and facilitators:
- Feb 2008 Latest DITA News and Introductions
- Mar 2008 DITA and Maps
- Apr 2008 DITA Performance Measuring
Other topics for meetings:
- Content Supply Chain
- Using XML as is or HTML thru XSLT/CSS
- Content Management System
- FO extensions
Previous MeetingsHere is a record of our previous meetings:
- October 4, 2005 Upgrading to FrameMaker 7.2 and DITA This was a joint meeting with the STC FrameMaker User SIG. Demonstration of the new features in FrameMaker 7.2. by Sarah O'Keefe, from Scriptorium Publishing Services.
- September 6, 2005 (cancelled)
- July 28-30, 2005 TriXML 2005
- May 18, 2005 STC Online SIG meeting: Bill's adventures in Las Vegas at the WritersUA Conference
- April 8-9 TriDOC 2005
- Tuesday, March 1, 2005 Presentation by Eric Silberstein, founder and chairman of Idiom, a Global Content Management System vendor. He presented some ideas about moving to XML including the activity of localization, showing some use cases and a bit of before-and-after information from at least one customer. He showed their really cool development environment that allows a whole pubs effort to work in XML. Very exciting! http://www.idiominc.com/|www.idiominc.com] His presentation is available in PPT format.
- Tuesday, January 11, 2005 Dealing with Legacy Content - an open discussion
- 2004 began to meet on a regular basis
- Authoring Content in XML
- List of XML Editors
- Migrating legacy docs: